Monday, June 3, 2013

Dear Makenzie 3 months!


Hello my gorgeous girl,
3 months old? How does that happen?! You are the light of my life and I am so absolutely crazy in love with you. You are growing and changing so fast! I am the luckiest mommy in the world to have you.

Month 3 was calmer than month 2. We didn't have any visitors and we didn't travel (except to come home to Daddy and your brothers from Colorado at the beginning of the month). That of course doesn't mean you didn't have a few new experiences! While we were in Colorado you got to be outside, out of your car seat and not covered in 100 blankets because the weather there was so good! We were only out a little while but you seemed to like it! While we were there your silly Grandpa Ron taught you to stick out your tongue out and while Daddy thinks that you do it naturally anyway I think that you are actually getting good at doing it as a response to me doing it to you haha! Grandma Tina bought you a play saucer that you stand in and you just love it. Your skinny butt needs 3 blankets packed around you so you don't fall over but you don't seem to mind it at all! You love to stand (or sit and swing, or sit on Daddy's lap) and watch T.V. I know they say we shouldn't let you but you just love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Sophia the first. You also like to sit with Daddy and watch Dr. Who. I think really you just like the colors and movement on the screen but it is still pretty amusing to watch you watch t.v!

Sticking your tongue out at Mommy



Your saucer


Standing at Daddy's dr. appt



Watching Dr. Who with Daddy



You also want to be sitting up as much as possible. We have to prop you up in your bassinet now cause you just don't want to be laying down. When you do lay down though you cover your head with your blanket and to sleep you go! That drives Momma crazy cause I just want you safe but you sleep best that way! Also this month you started sleeping in your crib. It was rough the first night but after that it has been smooth sailing. Your night routine is down pat and you are usually the one to let me know when it is 730-800. On bath nights you lay nicely on your changing table and get your lotion, I dress you and then as I carry you upstairs you start your nuzzling like you are letting me know it is time to nurse so you can go to sleep. You nurse about 5 min, then your eyes start to get heavy, I put you in your crib and OUT you go til you get hungry between midnight and 2. Lately you have been wanting to be awake for the day at 4 or 5am. I get up so angry that it is early but when I walk over to your crib and you see me you give me the BIGGEST smile and I almost always forget how mad I was <3 You are so full of smiles almost all the time, unless of course you are hungry then you let the world know... you get that from your Daddy. You have also started to giggle when tickled or when Momma or Daddy gets you smiling so hard :D It is pretty great. You haven't laughed hard yet but it is coming, I can tell cause you are so happy.

First nap in your crib!


You being happy!






Lately you have been starting to suck on your hands a lot and while some of the stuff I read said you wont get teeth til 6 months I think you might be starting the teething process. You love to chew on everything, your hands, your blankets, Mommy!, and your bears.


Last Sunday was your very first Easter. Easter is a pretty fun little holiday. It has a big long religious meaning but since neither Daddy or I are religious people we just partake in the commercialized non-religious part of it. The Easter bunny was good to you. You got a singing/counting bear, a new outfit that said "My First Easter", a ball you can squish and chew on, a book, and some baby food. You're not quite ready for the baby food. We gave you a small bite and I don't think it was your favorite. We will try again in 3 months or so!

Easter




Trying apples






Last week at school we got your pictures taken and you were a natural! You laid there nicely and if there wasn't so many people around we would have gotten a smile but you were too intrigued by all the other kids! You did great though and they will be beautiful I am sure!


Well my little one, on to the next month of you learning and growing ( I am not sure how much you weigh but you are in 0-3/3-6 month clothes! Momma almost cried when that 3-6 month outfit fit you I swore it was too big!) I am enjoying our adventure together so very much and can't wait to see what cute and adorable thing you do next! On we go!

Love you forever,
Momma







 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker


 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment